If you are planning to visit Dubai for any length of time you are going to need a way to get around. Of course, you can always use public transports like a taxi or a bus, but in doing so you are limiting yourself to the bus route or spending a fortune in taxi fares, also considering that buses, for example, aren’t so well structured in Dubai. The most logical thing to do is renting a car in Dubai for the duration of your stay, so today we are going to speak about car rentals in Dubai (at the Airports or downtown).
Familiarize yourself about tips and rules you will have to respect considering to rent a car in Dubai, especially at the Airports (Airports there are very far from the city).
Keep in mind that it not as simple as it appears to be, however. Certain restrictions may apply and it is extremely important to learn the rules of the road while you are driving around.
- Seat belts are required in Dubai, and you won’t be able to use your cell phone unless it is a ‘hands free’ model.
- You must also drive the car on the right side of the road. This should pose no problem for visitors from other countries where the same rules apply, but for those who are used to driving on the left they must pay particular attention to avoid an accident.
- You will have until 4 – 6 lanes in some roads.
- Make sure you apply for your IDP (International Driving Permit) before you travel to Dubai. This is a legal document that allows you to drive in the Emirate while you are there. It contains all of the information from your current driver’s license as well as a recent picture of you along with your physical description and vital statistics. You need to have both the IDP and your driver’s license on your person when operating a motor vehicle. These are important factors about what you should know before renting a car in Dubai.
There are many, many car rental companies located at Dubai Airport, so take your time and don’t rent from the first one you see. The wiser thing you can do is to take a look online for the best deals.
Renting a car in Dubai: read this
Rental prices are going to differ greatly, and the cheapest is not always the best deal. Yes, one company may be offering a really low rental, but what does that include? Are you insured when you rent from them, or is that an extra expense? How much will you pay if you have an accident? Insurance on your car is of utmost importance, especially when you are driving in a foreign country. This is one question you should have uppermost in your mind. Don’t let the ‘low’ rental price lure you in because you make be spending far more than you thought.
Another factor to consider about what you should know before renting a car in Dubai is the size of the vehicle you will need. If you are alone you certainly don’t want a huge SUV because it is definitely going to cost you more-not only in rental fees, but also gas, which you are responsible for. On the other hand, if you are traveling with your family you will probably want to opt for the comfort of a larger vehicle, especially if you plan on doing a lot of sight-seeing. You may pay more, but if you have a large family, cramming everyone into a smaller car would be uncomfortable and no one would have a good time.
Take into consideration the length of time you are going to need the vehicle you are renting. Rental agreements can be from a very short time (a week or less) up to three month’s time. If you are unsure of the duration of time needed, find a dealer who has rental plans that can accommodate you for extended periods.
Shop around until you find one who is able to give you the plan you need at the best price before you sign on the dotted line. Always read your contract to ensure it is exactly what it is supposed to be. Never hesitate to question terms or information you don’t understand. It is in your own best interest to do so.
Car Hire in Dubai? Better rent your vehicle online
It is also a very good idea to go online before you leave for your trip to research information about Dubai and the car rental policies. Websites can offer a wealth of information about what you should know before renting a car in Dubai. In fact, you can rent the car from the websites like rentalcars.com, which offers the best deals EVER from all the major car hire companies. Maybe you are not being able to see the car ‘in person’, but you can trust to the reliable companies that offer their services online. They have a great customer care and an excellent online reputation.
Precautions to Take Before Visiting the Rental Cars companies at Dubai Airport
- Make sure you have collected all your luggage items and that you have not forgotten anything in the lounge or on the aircraft. And if you have, you can report it at the security desk. They will be happy to assist you with your lost items.
- Double check that you have your reservation for the rental cars Dubai Airport. Having a copy always makes things go by much faster; anyway, you can show your email confirmation through your smartphone.
- Make sure you have all your important items, including your ID, Passport and any other needed identification, credit cards, wallets and purses.
- Rent your car at the rental cars area at Dubai Airport, you won’t have bad surprises.
Look at the following map in order to find out where are the car hire companies in Dubai Airport: fly in and drive away. Fast and easy!
Precautions to take before driving off with your rental car
You’re literally almost done, you’ve paid for everything and now you have the keys to your new 2016 BMW. There are a few steps to take before driving off the lot, they are vital to protecting you in the future:
- Make sure you have a full take of gasoline. The rental cars Dubai Airport car hire companies will charge you for a full take of gas with extra taxes, if you do not refill the tank. Which means if you didn’t receive the car with a full tank the agency needs to know.
- Take pictures of the car; inside and out. You want to make sure you don’t get charged for any extra damages.
- Smile and drive away.
It’s time to get your vacation started and renting a car has never been easier in Dubai. All because the Dubai Airport offers its visitors the best services. Enjoy yout trip!