Summer Driving Safety Tips – Infographic
Today’s article is different: few words, more visual! Let’s talk about Summer Driving Safety, thanks to Alarms.org infographic.
Pay attention to Summer heat and risks: prepare your car… and yourself!
You really don’t want to ruin your vacation, so make this extra-effort: find the time to make a complete check-up of your car. Ask for it also with your hire car company!
- Clean out the car’s engine with fresh water and refill it with the correct balance of water and coolant. Top up your fluids!
- Make a transmission check with a mechanic, before a long travel (lights, power steering and brakes have to be controlled)
- Inspect carefully the tires, in order to check little breaks or cracks. Maintain tyre condition.
- Start your trip with a cool car, in hot days. Give yourself a relaxing drive, not a baking drive!
- Keep hydrated before and during the driving. Take with you some water and fruits.
- Consider any summer allergies. …
- Get a lift to the beer garden. …
- During the summer, never leave your children behind, neither people or pets, not even for few minutes!
- Avoid sun glare. Impaired vision from the sun is a common cause of accidents, especially during spring and summer. Bring sunglasses and overhead sun visors to help block out the sun from your sight.
Also, stay smart during your driving: recharge your smartphone, take breaks, mind your kids and passengers, be careful to the road signals, don’t forget anything in the car. Have a good holiday!